Monday, January 26, 2009

Cheap Eats

So, my friend Jennie told me about this amazing deal at Rest.aurant.com. Usually you can get a $25 gift certificate to X-restaurant for about 10 bucks. Not a bad deal in itself. Well, she was reading on someone elses blog (sorry I don't know the blog) about how if you enter the code SAVE (not sure how long this will work) in the discount code area you'll save an additional 70%!
Let me break it down even further...
I bought 8 gift cards to various restaurants all worth $25 a piece but were sold for $10. Before the SAVE code was applied I would have spent $80, saving me about $120. BUT...take 70% off $80 and you get a whopping $24!!!! That's $3 per $25 gift certificate.
Now, I did read some of the terms and conditions. They weren't too bad but, if you buy multiple certificates, you may not be able to use more than one per visit, and they may require dine in vs. carry out.
All-in-all, a pretty cheap eat!

No comments: