Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Bake: 35 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups diced Golden Delicious apples
3/4 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Liberally coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, blend together sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla for 3 minutes or until smooth.
4. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; mix for
2 minutes or until just incorporated. Stir in diced apples and raisins and spread into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.
- I tried 1 cup brown sugar the second time but they weren't as good. I might try 1 1/2 cups next time.
- Also, I used whatever apples I had on hand.