Tuesday, July 1, 2008

CVS fun and things I "bought" for free...

I wanted to tell you about my latest adventures at CVS. I'm a little behind on posting so I'll start with 2 weeks ago.

I purchased:
2 St. Ives body wash (I use for shaving)
1 St. Ives lotion with a $.55 peely coupon
2 Head & Shoulders (huge bottles for Paul) and B1G1 free coupon

I needed to spend $20 on a certain brand to get $10 in ECB's and I had a spend $20 get $4 off. I must have had a $10 ECB's from previous spending that I also used. So, before all the discounts in came up to about $24...after discounts...$5 and some change! Plus, I earned $10 in ECB's for the next trip. Now we're stockpiled on shampoo for Paul, lotion and shaving stuff for me!


Last week I purchased:
2 12-packs of Charmin with a $.25 coupon
1 8-pack of Bounty paper towels with a $.55 coupon
1 8-pack of AA Duracell batteries with a $.75 coupon
4 Soy Joy bars with a $1 off 4 coupon


I needed to spend $20 on certain brand to get $10 in ECB's and I had a spend $25 get $5 off. So, before all the discounts it came up to about $28...after discounts with a $10 ECB coupon...the total was $13!!! Plus, I walked out with $14 in ECB's to use the next time around and we're stocked up on t.p. and paper towels for quite some time.


A few side notes - I don't normally buy Charmin but the price of a 12 pack of Quilted Northern at Target would be just about 12-13 dollars anyway and now I hopefully (fingers crossed) won't have to buy t.p. on next months budget. That's something to smile about. :) Also, I don't normally buy Soy Joy bars but they were a dollar a piece and CVS offered 4 ECB's if you buy 4. So, I went online and hunted down a coupon for $1 off the purchase of 4 bars. So, basically CVS payed me a dollar to buy those! ($4 minus $1 coupon = $3 plus $4 back in ECB's).


Yesterday, while waiting for Ryan's Rx to be filled, we did a little freebie shopping.


I "purchased":
1 25 count Ziploc bags in the checkout lane for $1 and I had a $1 off coupon = FREE
1 10 count Sponge Bob band-aids for $.99 with a $1 off coupon = FREE
1 10 count Hello Kitty band-aids for $.99 with a $.75 off coupon = pretty darn close to FREE
2 travel size All Small and Mighty laundry soap for $.99 with 2 $1 off coupons = FREE





It's pretty darn fun to walk out with a bag of free stuff!

No comments: